Friday, September 26, 2008

Ok ..... Here's Another Weird Thing.....


You know how they say that dogs can detect supernatural activity? Well, I don't really believe in ghosts and all that hocus pocus too much but I usually feel a little more comfortable when all my dogs are around me out in the haunted barn. If they're all laying around me sleeping or playing or licking themselves ......all is going well. I feel as if there are no 'unseen' beings floating around me. The other day I went out to work on the haunt and I was all by myself. I called all the dogs to come with me and away we went. I started working in the main entryway when the 4 puppies (Wednesday, Stripey, Boo, and Baby Girl) started barking at the door to the arena (where the haunt is). The wind was blowing a little making the dungeon door wave back and forth and some of the black sheeting was blowing out under the door. I told them ..."Stupid Puppies ...... Stop that ..... It's just the wind." They quit for a little bit then it seemed like something got their attention all of a sudden again and this time they started barking uncontrollably at the door and all their little hair was standing up on their necks. Ok ...... the door is blowing a little more and it's creaking now and I'm telling myself ..... it's just the wind ... yeah ..... just the wind so suck it up and keep working. I told them to SHUT UP again but this time they didn't listen to me. Then Wednesday let out a yelp and starting yiping like someone bit her in the butt and she went running up the ramp out of the barn all the way up to the house. .....while the other three were still barking uncontrollably at the door. Then two of the older dogs started in -- Happy and Jack -- and their hair was standing up on end and they were growling like there was something really bad inside there. Um .... ok .... that's enough for me. You don't have to tell me twice, --- dogs going nuts when nothing is there ..... that's not good. I'm outta here. (**FYI -- since that incident I no longer enter the lower barn without someone with me.)
-
UPDATE TO THAT STORY -- Now when I let the dogs outside the puppies immediately run down to the barn and line up around the arena door and bark like crazy at whatever is inside. Day or night. They won't go into the arena. Hmmmmmmm........and neither will I unless there is another person with me now.